Sunday, 26 July 2026

a perfect day

Meg and I watched this Japanese art house movie Perfect Days at the Projector. I did reflect on how many of such days we get. Thankfully they do come around occasionally and today is just such a day. 

I was grateful to have the luxury of waking up slowly, no alarms... just to the rising sun. Mom was up earlier as always and had already given thanks in church at mass. Josh and Nat were coming over for lunch with the family. Julian, as well, as he got onto the very last seat of the flight and on the way to Singapore.

Lunch was perfect, made with loving hands and fresh ingredients, not to mention a nice bottle of 7 year old Chardonnay. Nat didn’t partake of any and for the best reason in the world! 

The happy news was announced in the most surprising of way. I am usually quite quick but God delayed my reaction so you can all enjoy the delight in slow-motion! 

The meal was leisurely as there were no rush or stress and when it concluded, Meg and I went for a nice walk to further enjoy the moment together. 

I continued my amble while Meg went to pick up Julian and we all settled back home for more family meal time, this time on mom’s famous one pot soup, washed down with Umamu sparkling wine.

As the midnight hour approaches, I head to bed with a head dizzy with hope, a heart that’s full of love, a soul that is oh so grateful.

Thank you all for making this such a special day. A perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment